Sheep, beef and crop farmers now have a app to help them understand their potential opportunities from carbon-reducing activities.
LOOC-C allows you to quickly assess options on the land for certain projects offered under Australia’s federal carbon emissions programme, the Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF).
LOOC-C includes the following Emission Reduction Fund methods:
- Measurement of soil carbon sequestration
- Estimating sequestration of carbon in soil using default values method (model-based soil carbon)
- Beef cattle herd management
- Reforestation by environmental or mallee plantings – FullCAM
- Human-induced regeneration of a permanent even-aged native forest
- Native forest from managed regrowth
- Avoided clearing of native regrowth