- Estimate soil water
- Bureau of Meteorology and local rainfall records
- Push prone and soil water sensor compatible
SWApp provides farmers and advisers with a ready estimate of plant available water (PAW) in the soil during fallow and crop phases. SWApp estimates soil water (PAW) using a proven water balance model and inputs from:
- weather data from a nearby Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) sourced from the Silo (https://www.longpaddock.qld.gov.au/silo/);
- rainfall data from:
- a local gauge (manual entry);
- a Bluetooth enabled rain gauge (20m range);
- Netatmo weather stations with a rain gauge; and
- A “Data Cloud” which accesses a range of commercial instruments (under development).
- a soil description best suited to your paddock; and
- soil and crop cover conditions for each paddock.