- This event has passed.
2018 Permaculture Design Course
August 11 - September 17
“Visions of an Ancient Wisdom”
This unique course, delivered over 16 weeks gives you the knowledge and skills to observe and design from the natural patterns to create productive gardens and properties, grow your own food, apply appropriate technologies, learn to use resources wisely, build on living systems and rebuild communities.
- build resilience through connectivity
- facilitate regeneration of the earth
- create abundance through design
The Permaculture Design Course (PDC) builds from its foundation in the ethics and design principles and strategies to inspire critical thinking giving you the techniques and tool to design your life.
You will learn:
- the history of permaculture and agriculture and the foundational concepts of the permaculture ethics and design principles
- to design from ecological pattern literacy, systems thinking, using Ethics and Design principles, designing from the whole, differentiated into parts
- to use the Scale of Permanence to give realistic outcomes for any design
- climate analogues and how varied micro-climates affect your site
- the patterns of our intent and that of our landscapes, elements and their functional connections in your design to minimize waste
- to savour our soils: soil biology, amendments, uses and putting it all together
- about trees and forests and how we can integrate them into our systems
- how we can cultivate our ecology to produce food based on our unique needs including annuals, perennials, forest gardens and animals into our systems
- to enhance our communities and local economies through social permaculture design
- a practical understanding of the design process through group and individual design work