- This event has passed.
2018 QRRRWN Conference
September 13 - September 15
Growing Women for the Future
Join women from rural, regional and remote Queensland to hear thought-provoking and powerful speakers on a wide range of topics. Make new friends and greet old ones. Share the laughter, the achievements and the experiences. Learn new skills in the interactive workshops.
- Dr Kirstin Ferguson – professional company director and sits on a range of ASX listed, private and government boards, including the board of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Kirstin has been named by the Australian Financial Review as one of Australia’s 100 Women of Influence, is a Sir Winston Churchill Fellow and was recognised by Women & Leadership Australia with an award for her Excellence in Women’s Leadership. Kirstin was the creator of the widely acclaimed #CelebratingWomen campaign and is the author of Women Kind with Catherine Fox.
DSI Charysse Pond – the Queensland Police Service recognises women in our Rural and Regional communities and industries are at the forefront of the impact of extremely challenging emerging crime trends. We also recognise the strength, resilience and determination of rural and regional women to protect, nurture and grow opportunities for their families, communities and industries. The QPS would like to work collaboratively with you and your communities to build your resilience and help us detect, disrupt and deter organised crime.
Workshops – Growth:
- Lisa Duncan: Goal Setting, Fear and Failure- learn how to set goals and actually achieve them while working with fear and Failure in a positive way that can only mean success for you
- Michelle O’Hara: You Cannot be a Success if You are a Secret! Workshop – Alignment Marketing
Workshops – Nurturing:
- Adele Spurgin: BEAT the office or business burnout – this one-hour hands-on workshop is ideal for today’s busy woman
- Dr Cecily Jensen-Clayton: How do We grow Ourselves as Women (Leaders)? This interactive workshop is for those of us who want to live more authentically and powerfully as women.
Workshops – Connection:
- Annie Alexander: Pillage and Plunder
- Claire Fitzpatrick: Beeswax Food Covers
- Prayer Breakfast with Ros Heit
- Gala Dinner – dinner, live entertainment and a wonderful night of networking and the announcement of the Winners of the Strong Women Leadership Awards.