- This event has passed.
Chainsaw – Fall Trees Manually (Basic) – Camden
March 21 - March 22
How to safely and efficiently fall trees taking into account environmental requirements.
Participants must show proof of competency in FWPCOT2239 Trim and cut, or equivalent by providing a certified copy of their previous training transcript completed in the last three years.
- Fall trees safely and effectively following WHS and environmental guidelines and requirements.
- Identify and follow OHS requirements for tree falling operations
- Identify and follow environmental requirements for tree falling operations
- Maintain and operate chainsaw safely and efficiently
- Assess trees and surroundings and plan for falling
- Fall tree
- Day 1:
- Revise WHS, operational and maintenance requirements for general chainsaw use
- WHS and environmental requirements for tree falling
- Identify operational hazards and control measures
- Identify tree falling direction and site preparation
- Plan and effect cutting and fall basic tree
- Fall a range of trees to a site plan
- Chainsaw servicing and sharpening as required
- Tree hang ups and control measures discussed and implemented
Participants receive a State Forests Chainsaw Operators Manual. This practical course is delivered mainly outdoors.
For enquiries please call Jessica Taylor on (02) 67631276.