- This event has passed.
Chainsaw – Fall Trees Manually (Basic) – Grafton
April 8, 2020 - April 9, 2020
***Note from Farm Table: Due to the impact of COV-19, Farm Table notes that some events listed in this AgCalendar may be cancelled or postponed. Please click ‘View Website’ button below or contact the event organiser directly to keep updated about this event.***
Need to drop small trees safely and effectively? Want to keep it simple? Here are the basics, presented simply. Safety, maintenance and operation. Two days of indispensable training for the novice chainsaw operator.
The course aims to develop knowledge and skills in:
- general maintenance and operation of chainsaws
- safety and efficient working techniques for cross-cutting fallen timber
- falling trees safely and effectively following WHS and environmental requirements
- assessing trees and surroundings and plan for falling.
- Prepare for felling
- Assess tree and plan felling
- Apply tree felling techniques
- Maintain equipment
- Revise WHS, operational and maintenance requirements for general chainsaw use
- WHS and environmental requirements for tree falling
- Identify operational hazards and control measures
- Identify tree falling direction and site preparation
- Plan and effect cutting and fall basic tree
- Fall a range of trees to a site plan
- Chainsaw servicing and sharpening as required
- Tree hang ups and control measures discussed and implemented
Please note Farm Table is a directory of events only. It is not hosting this event. Please click ‘Visit Website’ below to learn more and contact the event organizer for further details.