- This event has passed.
Chainsaw – Operate A Pole Saw – Camden/Menangle
March 24, 2020
***Note from Farm Table: Due to the impact of COV-19, Farm Table notes that some events listed in this AgCalendar may be cancelled or postponed. Please click ‘View Website’ button below or contact the event organiser directly to keep updated about this event.***
When a chainsaw is too big to carry up a ladder, and too dangerous to use while on the ladder, a pole saw is exactly the tool you need. But what sort of pole saw? And how do you use it safely? Tocal’s one-day course can help you get the most out of this useful tool.
The course aims to develop knowledge and skills in:
- WHS requirements for pole saw operations
- assessing trees for trimming
- preparing pole saw for trimming
- trimming high branches reachable with a power driven pole saw
- promoting tree growth by trimming and felling excess branches.
- Prepare for trimming
- Assess trees
- Trim trees
- Conduct operator maintenance
- WHS requirements
- Identify operational hazards and control measures
- Pole saw design, components, servicing and chain sharpening
- Start-up and shut-down procedures
- Assessing trees for trimming requirements
- Trimming requirements
Please note Farm Table is a directory of events only. It is not hosting this event. Please click ‘Visit Website’ below to learn more and contact the event organizer for further details.