- This event has passed.
Chainsaw – Trim And Cut Felled Trees (Level 1 Chainsaw Operation) – Yanco Campus
March 31, 2020 - April 1, 2020
***Note from Farm Table: Due to the impact of COV-19, Farm Table notes that some events listed in this AgCalendar may be cancelled or postponed. Please click ‘View Website’ button below or contact the event organiser directly to keep updated about this event.***
Your chainsaw used to go through wood like it was butter. But it’s getting harder to cut through branches. Could be you’re getting old, but more likely it’s just that your chainsaw needs some tender loving care. Two days at Tocal, and the wood will feel like butter. Again.
The course aims to develop knowledge and skills in:
- identifying and following WHS requirements for chainsaw operations
- maintaining and operating a chainsaw safely and efficiently in a range of situations
- cross-cutting felled trees to industry standards.
- Identify cross cutting requirements
- Prepare and maintain equipment
- Assess tree and plan cutting
- Trim and cross-cut tree safely and efficiently
- WHS requirements identify operational hazards and control measures
- Chainsaw design, components, servicing and chain sharpening
- Start up and shut down procedures
- Basic cross cutting techniques
- Basic cross cutting techniques continued
- Controlling kickback
- Servicing and sharpening as required
- Advanced cross cutting techniques
- Field exercises eg. cutting timber in binds, oversize logs, boring, ripping, limbing and trimming
- Trim and cross-cut felled trees to site plan requirements
Please note Farm Table is a directory of events only. It is not hosting this event. Please click ‘Visit Website’ below to learn more and contact the event organizer for further details.
March 8@4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
March 9@9:00 am - 12:00 pm
March 10@9:00 am - March 12@5:00 pm