- This event has passed.
Herbicide Behaviour Workshop (Kadina)
March 24, 2020@8:30 am - March 25, 2020@1:00 pm
***Note from Farm Table: Due to the impact of COV-19, Farm Table notes that some events listed in this AgCalendar may be cancelled or postponed. Please click ‘View Website’ button below or contact the event organiser directly to keep updated about this event.***
A thorough understanding of how herbicides work assists agronomists and growers to maximise herbicide performance. When confronted with a range of weed problems and environmental conditions, the challenge is to optimise the results in the field.
Knowing what weeds will be controlled from a herbicide application is the easy bit – it’s on the label.
More challenging questions include:
- Why do herbicides perform or fail in some situations?
- Critical comments on the label. Why do they exist and how were they developed?
- How do adjuvants and water conditioning agents work? What should be used, when and why?
- How does resistance affect different herbicides? What strategies can be used as resistance emerges?
- How do residual herbicides work and what influences their breakdown?
Please note Farm Table is a directory of events only. It is not hosting this event. Please click ‘Visit Website’ below to learn more and contact the event organizer for further details.