- This event has passed.
Herbicide Behaviour Workshop (Katanning)
March 26 @ 8:30 am - March 27 @ 12:00 pm
Thorough understanding of how herbicides work assists agronomists and growers to maximize herbicide performance. When confronted with a range of weed problems and environmental conditions, the challenge is to optimize the results in the field.
Knowing what weeds will be controlled from a herbicide application is the easy bit – it’s on the label.
- Why do herbicides perform or fail in some situations?
- Critical comments on the label. Why do they exist and how were they developed?
- How do adjuvants and water conditioning agents work? What should be used, when and why?
- How does resistance affect different herbicides? What strategies can be used as resistance emerges?
- How do residual herbicides work and what influences their breakdown?