- This event has passed.
Machinery Hygiene – Yoeval
March 18, 2020
***Note from Farm Table: Due to the impact of COV-19, Farm Table notes that some events listed in this AgCalendar may be cancelled or postponed. Please click ‘View Website’ button below or contact the event organiser directly to keep updated about this event.***
Don’t spread weeds. Don’t move the problem from another place to your farm. Learn how weeds and pest organisms transfer from one place to another. Learn how to prevent it. This one-day Tocal course is a must have weed-hygiene check for you and your machinery.
The course aims to develop knowledge and skills in:
- increasing awareness of how weeds and other pest organisms can be spread via contaminated machinery, and reducing the risk of this occurring
- formally inspect machinery for material that may contribute to the spread of weeds, pests or disease covering options for location and equipment when cleaning machinery and plant.
On successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- select and use the equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE) needed for inspection and cleaning
- select appropriate inspection and cleaning sites
- inspect and clean machinery and vehicles
- apply safe work practices
- take samples of contamination
- dispose of waste materials
- record cleaning history and inspection results.
- Understanding the threat of weeds
- Reducing the risk of spreading weeds through job planning
- Weed recognition / identification
- Formal inspection of machinery and plant
- Consideration of location of machinery and plant
- Recording and reporting
- Associated legislation
- Collecting and disposing of samples from machinery
Please note Farm Table is a directory of events only. It is not hosting this event. Please click ‘Visit Website’ below to learn more and contact the event organizer for further details.