- This event has passed.
Managing Dual-purpose Grazing Cereals in NSW Farming Systems – Holbrook
October 17, 2018
Grower and agronomist workshop on managing dual purpose grazing cereals in NSW farming systems.
Interactive information sessions with key industry speakers followed by a visit to grazing cereal technology trial site.
Topics to be covered:
- grazing cereal crop types: what fits your farming system best
- getting the crop agronomy right to maximise fodder production and grain recovery
- grazing management of dual purpose cereals
- stock management on grazing cereals
- grazing crops: what can we learn from the rest of the world? Stuart Tait, Nuffield Australia Scholar (supported by Meat & Livestock Australia)
- fodder pasture options: how they compare and fit in the system to lift farm fodder production
- maximising dollar returns from fodder crops: what are the costs