- This event has passed.
Managing Soil Constraints Forum, Darkan
July 22 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
The forums are aimed at ensuring you have the information and tools to identify soils that will respond predictably to various soil amelioration techniques and then be able to match the inputs on these areas to optimise profits. The forum will allow plenty of time for sharing grower experiences and peer discussion between growers as well as specialist soil scientists.
The forums will spend time out in the paddock at soil pits as well as providing plenty of time for discussion in the shed and over lunch.
During the forum you will have opportunities to discuss the main constraints of local relevance including:
- Interactions of lime and gypsum
- Lime stratification
- Non-wetting soil… wetters are “hit and miss” depending on soil..
- Deep ripping effectiveness on gravel duplexes
- Phosphorous decisions, especially on high PBI soils
- Waterlogging and sub-surface drainage