- This event has passed.
Nutrition EDGE – Longreach
July 15, 2020@8:00 am - July 17, 2020@5:00 pm
***Note from Farm Table: Due to the impact of COV-19, Farm Table notes that some events listed in this AgCalendar may be cancelled or postponed. Please click ‘View Website’ button below or contact the event organiser directly to keep updated about this event.***
Nutrition EDGE is a three-day workshop and practical session covering all aspects of animal nutrition. Participants will be able to make better decisions to achieve their herd performance targets through improved breeder fertility, weight gains, reduced mortality, optimal use of supplements and overall management.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- better understand the nutritional requirements of your cattle and sheep
- estimate the feed value of pasture and animal production
- know what supplements to feed
- understand a feed label
- save money on supplementary and drought feeding
- make better management decisions for a range of seasonal conditions.
What you will learn:
• importance of nutrition
• how to get your bottom line to benefit
• digestion and nutrients
• pasture intake, quality and diet quality
• pasture growth, intake and forage budgeting
• calculating a forage budget
• mineral nutrition
• diagnosing deficiencies
• supplementation and other tools
• supplement groups
• reading a label
• practical nutrition management
• defining production targets
• calculating viability of options.
Please note Farm Table is a directory of events only. It is not hosting this event. Please click ‘Visit Website’ below to learn more and contact the event organizer for further details.