- This event has passed.
Nutrition Fundamentals – Singleton
November 11, 2019@10:00 am - November 12, 2019@3:00 pm
Nutrition Fundamentals is a practical and hands on course, pitched at a basic level. The two-day course is designed
for dairy farmers, farm employees and dairy service providers with little to no experience of dairy cow nutrition and
others wishing to refresh their knowledge.
Topics covered include:
- The importance of getting nutrition right
- Ruminant digestion and factors that limit intake
- Condition scoring
- The cost of rearing young stock
- Nutrients supplied by different feeds
- Balancing the diet
- Feed budgeting
- Comparing cost of nutrients