- This event has passed.
Off-road Four Wheel Drive (4×4) Training – Paterson
March 25 @ 8:30 am - March 26 @ 4:30 pm
How to safely operate a four wheel drive vehicle off-road and use vehicle recovery techniques.
- maintain and operate a 4WD vehicle safely and effectively under a range of off-road conditions
- carry out 4WD vehicle recovery operations safely and effectively
- operate 4WD vehicles safely and effectively
- operate vehicle on, or across, a slope
- operate vehicle ascending a steep slope including stall recovery
- operate vehicle descending a steep slope including stall recovery
- operate jack
- operate vehicle in rugged terrain
- negotiate water crossings
- recover vehicle
Participants receive the NSW DPI publication A Field Guide to Four-Wheel Driving. This practical course is delivered using indoor and outdoor instruction. Bring your own 4×4 vehicle.
his course is mapped to the following national units of competency:
- FWPCOT3259 – Operate a four wheel drive on unsealed roads
- FWPCOT3260 – Recover four wheel drive vehicles