- This event has passed.
Pasture and Livestock Update – Cranbrook, WA
September 20, 2018@9:30 am - 5:00 pm
You are invited to Sam Lehmann’s paddocks to see and hear about the many pasture options he has introduced to his mixed farming system. Pastures to be inspected include:
- a mix of clover, oats, canola and ryegrass
- a vetch and oats fodder crop
- a newly sown tillage radish, winter canola and leafy turnip summer fodder crop
- Anameka saltbush.
Sam will be joined by Col Bowey (CB Farming Systems), Chris Poole from ALOSCA and Daniel Kollehn from MALDI-ID (nitrogen fixation in legumes), Steve Carr from AgLime (soil pH and pastures) and Wendy Bradshaw from Gillamii (soil health).
After the farm tour, there will be lunch and the afternoon session in Cranbrook.
Speakers and topics:
- Ed Riggall, AgPro Management – Managing for high sheep profits in good and bad years
- John Young Farming Systems Analysis Service Merino Wethers – Prime Lamb, Hogget or Mutton?
- Phil Nichols, DPIRD – New varieties of sub clover
- Paul Sanford, DPIRD – Red Leaf Clover Syndrome update
- Stuart Nagel, SARDI – Growing vetches
- Phil Nichols, DPIRD – Messina for wet and saline soils
- David Clegg, SeedNet – Tedera – an exciting new perennial legume
- Tim Watts and Kevin Foster, WALRC / UWA – Be aware of oestrogenic clovers
- Wayne Pech, Producer from Gnowangerup – Confinement feeding for better pastures, crops and stock
- Ed Riggall, AgPro Management – Chaff carts and sheep
- Andrew Larkins, DPIRD – Mineral supplementation strategies for livestock
- Sarah Blumer, Murdoch University – Boosting lamb survival and breeding resilient sheep
- John Paul Collins, DPIRD – Technology for livestock producers that saves time and makes money
- Tim Watts, WALRC – Research and extension priorities for pastures and livestock
RSVP: $30 (cash or cheque on the day. No credit card facility available)