- This event has passed.
Pasture Principles – A Practical Pasture Management Workshop | Keith, SA
April 11, 2019@8:30 am - April 12, 2019@4:00 pm
The aim of the Pasture Principles workshop is to provide producers with a set of guiding principles that will allow them to manage confidently regardless of the season, situation or system.
The key areas covered in the program are:
- an understanding of the relationship between plant requirements, leaf emergence rates and pasture growth
- plant morphology and the relationship with pasture quality, pasture quantity and plant persistence
- measuring and predicting pasture growth
- allocation of pasture on a dry matter basis
- variations in pasture quality throughout the season
- the relationship between stocking rate and pasture utilisation
- animal requirements for maintenance, growth, pregnancy and lactation
- feed budgeting and planning
- marginal cost and marginal revenue decisions associated with feeding pasture.