- This event has passed.
Pasture Principles – A Practical Pasture Management Workshop | Penola, SA
April 9, 2019 @ April 9, 2019 - April 10, 2019 @ April 10, 2019
The aim of the Pasture Principles workshop is to provide producers with a set of guiding principles that will allow them to manage confidently regardless of the season, situation or system.
The key areas covered in the program are:
- an understanding of the relationship between plant requirements, leaf emergence rates and pasture growth
- plant morphology and the relationship with pasture quality, pasture quantity and plant persistence
- measuring and predicting pasture growth
- allocation of pasture on a dry matter basis
- variations in pasture quality throughout the season
- the relationship between stocking rate and pasture utilisation
- animal requirements for maintenance, growth, pregnancy and lactation
- feed budgeting and planning
- marginal cost and marginal revenue decisions associated with feeding pasture.