- This event has passed.
Phosphorus Management In Central Queensland – Sarina
November 22 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
The Phosphorus management in Central Queensland workshop will help you to manage phosphorus nutrition on your property by developing a management strategy.
Topics covered in the workshop include:
- Identifying phosphorus deficient country
- Testing for deficiencies in cattle
- Phosphorus deficiency in breeders and growing steers
- Supplementing phosphorus in the most economical way
The Phosphorus team:
Rob Dixon, University of Queensland, is a ruminant nutritionist with many years of experience in northern productions systems, including the effects of phosphorus nutrition in breeders.
Mick Sullivan, Beef Extension Officer, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries with many years of expeirence in beef cattle breeding and genetics, nutrition, grazing management and beef business analysis.
Kylie Hopkins, Extension Officer, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries with a broad knowledge of grazing land management and pasture and forage production systems.
Free – no cost
- Smoko and lunch
- Land type maps
- Lick assessments
- Lick intake calculator
- Workshop notes
- Labels from phosphorus lick products you are feeding
- Information on phosphorus lick intakes
- Results from any soil or cattle blood tests