- This event has passed.
Practical Cattle Nutritional Management Workshop – Cave Creek Via Mataranka, NT
November 16, 2019 - November 17, 2019
The Practical cattle nutritional management workshop being held at Cave Creek Station near Mataranka, will be an ideal opportunity to train up staff prior to the start of the next season. Suited for all station staff through to head stockman level, everyone is welcome at this workshop.
Topics being presented at the event include:
- Rumen function and digestion
- Nutrients cattle require and their function
- Water quality
- Plant groups and their nutritional value
- Assessing pasture quality and diet quality
- Assessing hay and feed supplements
- Weaner management
- Heifer nutrition and management
- Breeder nutrition and management