- This event has passed.
SMARTtrain® Chemical Application (Level 3) – Yanco
September 17, 2019 - September 18, 2019
A course for people that use pesticides with powered and hand-held application equipment.
This course will increase participants understanding in relation to the safe transport, storage and use of hazardous chemicals and meet the training requirements of:
- The NSW Pesticides Regulation 2017 (or equivalent legislation as relevant to each state/territory)
- The Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (or equivalent legislation as relevant to each state/territory)
- The Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) AgVet Code
- Industry quality assurance programs such as Freshcare.
- Integrated pest and resistance management
- Legislation in the workplace including recordkeeping requirements
- Using chemicals according to the label and SDS
- WHS and the workplace
- Application equipment and calibration
- Chemical application including spray plans and drift management and residues
- Transport, storage and disposal of hazardous chemicals