- This event has passed.
Smarttrain Chemical Application (Level 3) – Yanco Campus
March 31 - April 1
***Note from Farm Table: Due to the impact of COV-19, Farm Table notes that some events listed in this AgCalendar may be cancelled or postponed. Please click ‘View Website’ button below or contact the event organiser directly to keep updated about this event.***
You work with chemicals, some of which are hazardous. You often work alone, and it’s on your head if something goes wrong. This two-day course with Tocal College will get you sorted on knowing how to store, transport and use hazardous chemicals.
The course aims to develop knowledge and skills in:
- applying the legal framework surrounding safe use of chemicals
- reading and interpreting labels and SDS directions for safe transport, handling and storage
- recognizing sensitive areas that may be affected by off-target chemical movement.
- Integrated pest and resistance management
- Legislation in the workplace, including record keeping requirements
- Using chemicals according to the label and SDS
- WHS and the workplace
- Application equipment and calibration
- Chemical application, including spray plans, drift management and residues
- Transport, storage and disposal of hazardous chemicals
Please note Farm Table is a directory of events only. It is not hosting this event. Please click ‘Visit Website’ below to learn more and contact the event organizer for further details.