- This event has passed.
Smarttrain Chemical Application Re-Accreditation (Level 3) – Hay
March 27, 2020
***Note from Farm Table: Due to the impact of COV-19, Farm Table notes that some events listed in this AgCalendar may be cancelled or postponed. Please click ‘View Website’ button below or contact the event organiser directly to keep updated about this event.***
Get re-accredited. Keep your skills up-to-date. You’re a self-motivated chemical application worker, and you want to keep working in the field. This one-day course with Tocal College will keep you where you belong: working.
The course aims to develop knowledge and skills in:
- chemical use legislation changes
- safely handling, storing and transporting chemicals
- reading and interpreting labels and SDS directions for safe transport, handling and storage.
- Integrated pest and resistance management
- Legislation in the workplace, including recordkeeping requirements
- Using chemicals according to the label and SDS
- WHS and the workplace
- Application equipment and calibration
- Chemical application, including spray plans, drift management and residues
- Transport, storage and disposal of hazardous chemicals
This course will increase participants’ understanding in relation to the safe transport, storage and use of hazardous chemicals and meet the training requirements of:
- the NSW Pesticides Regulation 2017 (or equivalent legislation as relevant to each state/territory)
- the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (or equivalent legislation as relevant to each state/territory)
- the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) AgVet Code
- industry quality assurance programs such as Freshcare.
Please note Farm Table is a directory of events only. It is not hosting this event. Please click ‘Visit Website’ below to learn more and contact the event organizer for further details.