- This event has passed.
SMARTtrain® Chemical Risk Management (Level 4)
December 6 - December 7
This course is suitable for training supervisors and managers with risk management skills to manage the transportation, storage, application and record keeping of agricultural chemicals (including biological pesticides). Participants must be accredited at Level 3 to achieve competence at Level 4.
To assist participants to manage the risks associated with the use of chemicals in the workplace.
- comply with mandatory codes of practice and relevant legislation to safely transport, store and handle chemicals in the workplace
- identify integrated management strategies to control pests
- select appropriate chemicals for application to an identified pest problem at a particular site
- establish procedures to ensure chemicals are applied according to the label
- assess the risk of residues in commodities and as contaminants in the environment during and following chemical application
- design and implement recording systems for chemical storage and use