- This event has passed.
Soil Carbon for your Farm Business
May 18@12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 12:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until May 18, 2021
Please note The Farm Table is a directory of events only. It is not hosting this event. Please click ‘Visit Website’ below to learn more and contact the event organiser for further details.
WEBINAR 1: THE SCIENCE OF SOIL CARBON
Tuesday, 20 April at 12pm
In the first in the series of soil carbon webinars we take a look at the science of soil carbon. Presentations from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI) and the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) will give farmers the foundations of carbon and their soils and how to measure and trade carbon.
- Dr Susan Orgill, Leader Soil R&D South (DPI) – Soil carbon and its benefits to farming systems
- Luke Signor, Assistant Manager, Savanna, Agriculture and Soil Carbon (SAS) Credits team – Methodology, measuring and trading of carbon
WEBINAR 2: FARMERS TRADING CARBON
Tuesday, 4 May 12pm
In the second of our series of three soil carbon webinars we hear from producers that have undertaken carbon trading. Mike Rosser, Argyle Station Pastoral and Stuart Austin, Wilmot Cattle Co will share their stories and first hand experience in farming carbon.
- Mike Rosser will speak on his vegetation carbon experience and how his operation in Western NSW was able to integrate carbon into their sheep business.
- Stuart Austin will follow up with the operation he manages at Wilmot Cattle Co in the NSW Northern Tablelands. Learn how they went about marketing and trading in soil carbon and the benefits it provides to his grazing operation.
WEBINAR 3: CARBON ACCOUNTING
Tuesday, 18 May at 12pm
In the third and final webinar in the Soil Carbon for Your Farm Business webinar series, Integrity Ag & Environment takes us through Carbon Accounting and how this can benefit your farm business. Join Dr Stephen Wiedemann, Principal Scientist for Integrity Ag & Environment for a one hour webinar where we will go through specific case studies in NSW and the Central West. Hear from producers that have used Carbon Accounting in their businesses and the outcomes they have achieved.
- Dr Stephen Weidemann: Steve is an expert advisor to the International Wool and Textiles Organisation, the Australian Red Meat Industry, the Australian Pork Industry and the Federal Department of the Environment and Energy. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear from one of Australia’s leading Agri-Environmental consultants.
Regional Agricultural Landcare Facilitator
0417 021 795
This project is supported by Central West Local Land Services through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program
***Note from The Farm Table: Due to the impact of COVID-19, The Farm Table notes that some events listed in this AgCalendar may be cancelled or postponed. Please click ‘View Website’ button below or contact the event organiser to keep updated about this event ***