- This event has passed.
Soils & Nutrition Masterclass – Gympie
November 12, 2020@8:30 am - November 13, 2020@4:00 pm
***Note from Farm Table: Due to the impact of COV-19, Farm Table notes that some events listed in this AgCalendar may be cancelled or postponed. Please click ‘View Website’ button below or contact the event organiser directly to keep updated about this event.***
Are you making the most of your soil’s production attributes?
Do you want to understand your soil better to improve production and enhance plant health?
Then join us! Take two days out to spend time with the best of the best; experienced, independent agronomist and soil chemistry expert, David Hall.
Brought to you by state peak industry body Growcom with the support of the Burnett Mary Regional Group, this intensive masterclass will leave you feeling confident in knowing what your soil properties are and what it needs for you to improve production. Topics to be covered include;
- soil form – properties & function
- nutrition – function of elements, syptoms, sources (synthetics, organics, alternatives), application types (pros, cons)
- biology – types, function, relationships & testing for soil biology
- soil carbon & organic matter – using biochar, humic & fulvic acids
- diseases – soil borne, leafe borne, signs & symptoms
- soil – water – plant relationships
- practical, in-field tests to assist you in understanding your soil
- use of Hort360 – an industry best management practice program designed to increase your certainty in managing soil, water and crops while achieving good financial returns.
Please note Farm Table is a directory of events only. It is not hosting this event. Please click ‘Visit Website’ below to learn more and contact the event organizer for further details.