- This event has passed.
TAS: Water Use Efficiency Field Day
February 4@8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Irrigation Australia is hosting a field day for growers in Tasmania, where they’ll teach you how to improve your water use efficiency by using the latest technology. Get better quality and quantity of produce by improving irrigation techniques and reducing water usage.
This workshop will help you understand local water regulations and how to maximise yield and lessen the impact on production.
The workshop will also cover basic troubleshooting methods in individual systems; these include determining whether there has been a change in pressure/flow rates based on historical data collection.
Topics covered include:
- Irrigation scheduling
- Determining irrigation water requirements
- Basic troubleshooting
- Maintenance strategies
- Checking pressure and flow rates
- Conducting a water application distribution test
- Collecting data to determine irrigation uniformity and efficiency
- Assessing soil texture and root zone depths.