- This event has passed.
Top Rail Forum for Better Grazing Businesses – Charters Towers
November 27, 2018@8:30 am - 5:00 pm
A multi-topic forum to provide graziers with real options to create thriving beef businesses (in good times and in bad).
Join NQ Dry Tropics and invited guest speakers to discuss real options to create thriving beef businesses in good times and in bad.
- Sam Marwood, Co-founder & Managing Director, Cultivate Farms: A new pathway for aspiring graziers to own their own farms, investors to create possibilities and property transition options for retiring graziers
- Terry Ormond, Strategic Operations Manager, S Kidman & Co: Answering the questions on why the Kidman Group is investing heavily in infrastructure, animal welfare in yards and WHS for staff
- Dr Christine Jones, Founder, Amazing Carbon: How improving our soil health and increasing carbon content can help the grazing industry curb the effects of droughts
- David McLean, Chairman, Resource Consulting Services: What are the most important financial decision you can make for your business, to survive and thrive from good times to bad
- Charlton Honig, Business Development Manager, Agersens: The latest on the commercialisation of virtual fencing products, and planning for Burdekin based trials on commercial properties
- Dr Ian Braithwaite, Production veterinarian, Mt Isa: Finding those 1% improvements to your production system to help achieve a better breeding and trading business for your future
- Sam Skeat, Senior Project Officer, NQ Dry Tropics: Landscape rehydration and community involvement – how the Burdekin is leading the charge in demonstrating ways to reduce the effects of drought
- Alison Larard, Nuffield Scholar, Atherton Tablelands: Planning is the most valuable thing you can do – but prescriptive plans are useless! The how-to’s on building strategic planning capabilities of business
Register for your chance to win one of the two lucky door prizes:
- 2019 Family season pass to the North Queensland Cowboys
- Weekender bag by JF Hides.
To be eligible to win a prize, you must:
- be graziers (own or manage livestock)
- must register prior to 5pm, 23 November and be in attendance at the Top Rail Forum to claim the prize
RSVP by 23 November to 07 4799 3500 or linda.anderson@
Download a copy of the flyer here: Top rail beef business forum Nov 18 [1.7MB] PDF