- This event has passed.
Tropical Pastures Planning and Management Webinar
October 8, 2020@7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
***Note from Farm Table: Due to the impact of COV-19, Farm Table notes that some events listed in this AgCalendar may be cancelled or postponed. Please click ‘View Website’ button below or contact the event organiser directly to keep updated about this event.***
Join our panel of expert guest speakers as they discuss tropical pasture management of existing pastures and planning new pastures.
Registered attendees will hear from George Truman, Senior Land Services Officer Mixed Farming (North West), Sarah Baker, Development Officer Pasture Systems (NSW Department of Primary Industries – Tamworth, Callen Thompson, Senior Land Services Officer Mixed Farming (Central West) and Mitch Whitten – Senior Land Services Officer Sustainable Land Management (North West).
The informative online event will discuss:
- Managing existing dry matter prior to spring, nutritional requirements
- Planting new pastures, weed control, rate depth
- Seed availability and purchasing seed harvested last season, getting certification of seed viability test
- Cutting tropicals for hay and silage, planning and stage of growth. Harvesting seed – how and when
- Awareness of native vegetation and options for planting tropicals.
Please note Farm Table is a directory of events only. It is not hosting this event. Please click ‘Visit Website’ below to learn more and contact the event organizer for further details.