- This event has passed.
Work Safely At Heights – Yanco Campus
***Note from Farm Table: Due to the impact of COV-19, Farm Table notes that some events listed in this AgCalendar may be cancelled or postponed. Please click ‘View Website’ button below or contact the event organiser directly to keep updated about this event.***
When working up off the ground, gravity is not your friend. If you want to be able to keep working at heights, you need to be able to do it safely. What equipment do you need? How do you fasten it? This one-day course through Tocal College will help you stay safe up high.
The course aims to develop knowledge and skills in:
- accessing, interpreting and applying technical and safety information for working at heights
- assessing hazards and risks and implementing control methods
- identifying, selecting, fitting, adjusting, anchoring, wearing and caring for required safety systems.
- Identify work requirements
- Identify work procedures and instructions
- Access and install equipment
- Perform work at heights
- Knowledge aspects such as WHS Acts & regulations, Australian Standards, and Codes of Practice
- Selection and correct use of equipment, including anchor systems, fall restraint, work positioning, and fall arrest systems
- Practical aspects, such as risk assessments, permits, PPE, & work at heights activities
This course requires a high level of physical fitness and manual dexterity. If you are unsure whether you meet these requirements, please talk to our short course coordinator before enrollment.
Please note Farm Table is a directory of events only. It is not hosting this event. Please click ‘Visit Website’ below to learn more and contact the event organizer for further details.