This Diploma of Agriculture reflects the role of personnel working on farms and stations who manage enterprise production units and employees, and sole operators of agribusinesses who provide crop production advice and services to production enterprises. This full time course focuses on acquiring more advanced skills in sheep and cattle management.
Training has a strong focus on business practices and provides skills and knowledge in areas such as budgeting and financial reports, business performance, farm planning, breeding strategies and animal health and livestock plans.
To see current events and dates, refer to our AgCalendar.
Units Of Study:
- Develop and implement a breeding strategy AHCLSK503
- Develop livestock health and welfare strategies AHCLSK504
- Develop a whole farm plan AHCAGB505
- Develop production plans for livestock AHCLSK505
- Collect and manage data AHCWRK502
- Manage staff AHCBUS501
- Prepare and monitor budgets and financial reports AHCBUS508
- Manage pastures for livestock production AHCBAC401
- Arrange marketing of livestock AHCLSK502
- Implement and monitor quality assurance procedures AHCWRK401
Eligibility Criteria :
One of the following:
- Completed year 12
- Certificate IV or higher qualification
- Have literacy and numeracy at exit level 3 on the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF)