Learn to groom farm animals or pets for better animal health and wellbeing. Also useful for competitive and exhibition-level animals. 100-hour course, with extensive training in theory and practice of working as a groomer.
People are increasingly considering their furry friends as family members – and they are happy to spend. Traditional pet care consisting of basic food and grooming expenses is a thing of the past… Pet owners now want premium and innovative products and services for their pets. With people spending more and more money on their pets, Pet Pampering is becoming the norm!
Why Choose Our Course?
There has never been a better time to get into the animal grooming industry. Whether you wish to start your own business or gain employment as a groomer, this course is a great first step along that path.
This course is perfect for you as it:
- introduces grooming techniques for cats, dogs, small and large animals
- covers the use of common grooming equipment and tools
- teaches anatomy, skin and coat health
- advise how to start a business as a groomer, following easy practical business tips
- expands your confidence to work in the animal showing industry –either for work or as a hobby
All you require is a passion for animals and we’ll supply you with the knowledge and skills to get you started!
- Discuss the scope and nature of grooming animals, including the animals that are commonly groomed, the situations in which they are groomed, equipment that is used and the tasks carried out by a groomer.
- Describe external anatomical structures and physiological processes of animals which are relevant to grooming.
- Describe how to manage the coats of different types of animals.
- Discuss tasks used in grooming animals that are supplementary to grooming the coat.
- Describe a range of techniques used to control a variety of different types of animals during grooming.
- Compare grooming techniques used for different types of dogs.
- Describe a range of techniques used to groom a variety of different types of animals other than dogs.
- Determine protocols for safety of both animals and groomers, when grooming different types of animals
- Explain how to groom dogs, cats, horses and a variety of other animals for a show.
- Explain how to establish or improve a grooming business to be more successful.
Where can this course lead?
- Start your own Animal Grooming business
- Work as an Animal Groomer, Specialist Groomer
- Prepare animals for shows
- Work with domesticated pets, exotic animals, farm animals
- Animal caretaker
- Veterinarian assistant
- Veterinary technician
- Animal boarding houses
- Pet stores
To see current events and dates, refer to our AgCalendar.