Learn to manage animal health for pets, wildlife or farm animals via distance education. Study veterinary and animal health, disease prevention, health therapies and nursing at home, online, via e-learning or correspondence study.
Do you want to work with animals?
- Describe the scope of services offered by animal care services.
- Describe common health problems in various animals.
- Explain the natural behaviour of different types of domestic animals in different situations.
- Identify common signs of ill health in a variety of animals.
- Describe purposes of a range of facilities in a veterinary practice.
- Determine safety procedures for a veterinary practice.
- Describe a range of administrative tasks carried out in a veterinary practices.
- Describe first aid procedures and treatments for different animals.
- Describe requirements for maintaining good health in domestic animals.
- Develop an understanding of routine treatments for healthy animals.
- Develop broader awareness of health issues and treatments in domestic pets.
- Develop skills in caring for animals prior to, during or after treatment.
To see current events and dates, refer to our AgCalendar.