As the only Agricultural Engineering program in both Australia and New Zealand, you’ll gain the unique knowledge and skills to make a difference in your career with USQ’s Associate Degree of Engineering (Agricultural). The Associate Degree of Engineering will give you the freedom of choice to start up your career or set a stepping stone for further study.
Toowoomba is at the epicentre of the Darling Downs’ agriculture and farming industries, giving USQ the edge with genuine industry knowledge and understanding as well as providing you with a premium education through USQ’s link to the world-class research centre in Agricultural Engineering. With highly practical, relevant and rigorous course work, you’ll be prepared to work with machinery, soil and water management in areas including sustainable agricultural production and hydraulics; which will allow you to apply engineering solutions to agricultural problems. As an external student you also have access to the course work provided by USQ, giving you a first-class education experience from anywhere around the world.
When you graduate with your Associate Degree, you’ll be eligible to apply for provisional accreditation with Engineers Australia. Apply for membership after you graduate to become an Engineering Associate (Officer) and with the experience you will gain from working in the field, you can apply for chartered status as an Engineering Officer.
Units Of Study:
Academic Courses Year 1
- Introduction to Engineering and Spatial Science Applications
- Introductory Engineering Mathematics
- Problem Solving in Engineering and the Built Environment
- Applied Mechanics
- Introduction to Engineering Design
- Engineering Statics
- Engineering Materials
- Spatial Science for Engineers
Practice Courses Year 1
- Engineering Practice 1
Academic Courses Year 2
- Agricultural Machinery
- Hydraulics I
- Agricultural Science
- Geology and Geomechanics
- Engineering Associate Degree Design Project
Practice Courses Year 2
- Geology and Geomechanics Practice
- Hydraulics Practice
- Field Practice
- Work Experience - Associate
- Soil Science
- Precision and Smart Technologies in Agriculture
- Climate Change and Variability
- Technology, Sustainability and Society
- Engineering Mathematics
- Stress Analysis
- Land Studies
- Agricultural Materials and Post-Harvest Technologies
Eligibility Criteria :
16 OP / 64 Rank score (2017 requirement).
- Subject pre-requisites: English (4, SA), Mathematics A (4, SA) or equivalent
- Recommended prior study: Mathematics B (4, SA).
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.