Have an impact on future agricultural practices
Delve into the science behind agricultural plant production with the Bachelor of Science (Plant Agricultural Science). You will explore topics in plant physiology, agronomy, plant microbe interactions, soil science, genetics, and post-harvest technologies, all of which provide training and knowledge in a discipline that is critical to the health of the Australian economy.
USQ is unique with its regional proximity to some of the most productive farming areas in the country and you will learn about the impacts of agricultural practices on soil, water and other species to enable you to contribute to the sustainability of the broader agricultural environment.
Want to study externally while you work? At USQ, you have the flexibility to adapt your study to your life.
To see current events and dates, refer to our AgCalendar.
Units Of Study:
- Biology 1
- Succeeding in Science
- Communicating in the Sciences
- Data Analysis
- Agricultural Science
- Foundation Mathematics
- Plant Physiology
- Soil Science
- Agricultural Materials and Post-Harvest Technologies
- Plant Microbe Interactions
Eligibility Criteria :
15 OP / 66 Rank score (2017 requirement).
- Subject pre-requisites: English (4, SA), Mathematics A (4, SA) or equivalent
- Recommended prior study: Mathematics B and one of Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Science21 or equivalent. If students do not have the recommended Mathematics B Level for entry then they will be required to undertake MAT1000 Mathematics Fundamentals as an elective.
- You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.