Get a basic knowledge of beekeeping in this two-day introductory course run by Tocal College. It’s the ideal start to help you manipulate beehives, carry out general management, and understand how a bee colony works.
The course aims to develop knowledge and skills in:
- identifying bee life cycles
- the mechanisms of a bee colony
- the terminology used in the beekeeping industry
- identifying beehive component parts
- managing bee colonies for survival and productivity
- inspecting and manipulating a beehive
Units Of Study:
This course is mapped to the following national units of competency:
- AHCBEK205 Prepare and use a bee smoker
- AHCBEK203 Open and reassemble a beehive.
Eligibility Criteria :