Train for a career in animal health or welfare with this home study certificate in animal health. Study online, by distance education.
Study for a Career in Animal Health or Animal Welfare
This is a comprehensive and practical course for anyone who wants to better understand the health and well-being of animals.
The course is designed to provide a foundation for employment in any type of animal care job including:
- pet care
- farm livestock
- wildlife (captive or free)
By studying this course you will learn about:
- animal anatomy and physiology
- diagnosing animal diseases
- natural animal health care
- animal health and care
- animal psychology and/or animal feed and nutrition
Studying this course will give you a thorough understanding of the process involved in maintaining animal health.
This is a course that takes you well beyond the scope of learning in a veterinary nursing or vet assistants course; but significantly less than what would be covered by a veterinary degree.
- Some students take this so they can care for their own animals. They may live in an isolated location or a place where veterinary care is severely limited. Undertaking this course could be be next best thing to having a veterinarian on call.
- Others may use this to expand their knowledge and understanding of animal health care to an advanced level, in order to give them a career advantage in the workplace or agricultural business world.
To see current events and dates, refer to our AgCalendar.