This qualification provides an entry-level occupational outcome in shearing. It recognises the work of a novice shearer who is able to shear a minimum of 40 adult merino sheep or 50 adult crossbred sheep per day to an acceptable industry standard. The shearing industry expects this qualification to be achieved to meet job outcomes at this level.
Crutch and shear sheep to an acceptable industry standard. Grind combs and cutters and prepare handpiece for shearing. Work safely and effectively in the industry and participate and apply environmentally sustainable work practices.
This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship.
Units Of Study:
- AHCLSK217 Apply animal welfare principles to handling and husbandry of livestock
- AHCSHG201 Crutch sheep
- AHCSHG203 Shear sheep to novice level
- AHCSHG205 Grind combs and cutters for shearing
- AHCSHG206 Prepare handpiece for machine shearing
- AHCSHG210 Undertake basic shearing and crutching
- AHCWHS201 Participate in work health and safety processes
- AHCWRK204 Work effectively in the industry
- AHXWRK209 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices