Tone up your skills and gain a Nationally recognised qualification at the same time, without leaving the farm. Our Certificate IV course is designed for people who would like to improve their farm skills.
You have up to one and a half years to complete this course in a self paced online format. We estimate the total learning time may be up to 20 hours per week. Of course, this will vary according to your existing skills and knowledge. Your learning time includes not only the time you spend working on the course materials, but also your time for reflection and thinking about what you have learned as you go about your normal activities.
This certificate will qualify you for further training pathways such as a Diploma of Agriculture or Agribusiness Management. Employment possibilities include, but are not limited to, Agribusiness administrator.
To see current events and dates, refer to our AgCalendar.
Units Of Study:
The Certificate IV in Agribusiness requires the completion of 12 units of competency made up of one core unit and eleven elective units.
Core unit - maintain occupational health and safety processes.
Elective units may include:
- Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- Administer finance, insurance and legal requirements
- Cost a project
- Operate within a budget framework
- Make a presentation
- Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- Implement workplace information system
- Monitor and manage small business operations
- Manage small business finances
- Land team effectiveness
- Supervise work routines and staff performance.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Be involved in a farm business
- Have access to a computer with at least Windows Vista/7, Word 97, Excel 97, Adobe Reader and satellite broadband internet connection or similar
- Basic computer skills e.g. use of internet, email, basic word processing skills
- Completion of Year 10 or equivalent or be able to demonstrate similar literacy and numeracy levels.