This qualification is a specialist wool classing qualification for wool classers and enables them to apply for registration with AWEX Ltd. as a professional Australian wool classer.
Supervising wool handlers, establishing and maintaining the shed’s Work Health and Safety program, monitoring shearing shed duties, wool preparation for classing, determining the classing strategy for the wool clip, new technologies in clip preparation, industry supervision and documentation, preparing team wages.
This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship.
Units Of Study:
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- AHCWOL301 Appraise wool using industry descriptions
- AHCWOL303 Prepare wool based on its characteristics
- AHCWOL304 Prepare fleece wool for classing
- AHCWOL305 Prepare skirtings and oddments
- AHCWOL307 Document a wool clip
- AHCWOL310 Press wool for a clip
- AHCWOL311 Perform shed duties
- AHCWOL401 Determine wool classing strategies
- AHCWOL403 Plan, implement and review wool harvesting and clip preparation
- AHCWOL404 Establish work routines and manage wool harvesting and preparation staff
- AHCWOL405 Class fleece wool
- AHCWRK401 Implement and monitor quality assurance procedures
- AHCWHS401 Maintain work health and safety processes
Eligibility Criteria :
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Credit for this qualification may come from the completion of Certificate III in Wool Clip Preparation or Certificate III in Advanced Wool Handling.