This qualification allows individuals to develop skills and knowledge within the organic farming and general agriculture industry. It is designed to meet the needs of supervisors or team leaders working in the organic agriculture industry.
This qualification is suitable for people currently working or who wish to find employment on an organic farming enterprise. Potential job roles may include organic farm team leader, organic farm supervisor and organic farmer.
To see current events and dates, refer to our AgCalendar.
Units Of Study:
Units may include:
- Manage biodynamic production
- Manage organic livestock production
- Manage organic soil improvement
- Arrange selling through community based marketing
- Implement sustainable practices in the organic farm based business
- Oversee compliance with an organic certification scheme
- Manage a landless organic production system
- Manage on farm composting
- Manage pastures for livestock production
- Cost a project
- Operate within a budget framework
- Participate in an e-business supply chain
- Manage small business finances
- Implement an irrigation-related environmental protection program
- Schedule irrigations
- Plan a propagation program
- Develop a crop regulation program
- Implement and monitor a horticultural crop harvesting program
- Sample soils and interpret results
- Implement the pest monitoring and evaluation plan
- Prepare, monitor and maintain biological agents
- Maintain work health and safety processes
- Plan and implement a farm or enterprise biosecurity plan
- Prepare and apply chemicals
- Transport and store chemicals
- Implement a plant nutrition program
- Control plant pests, diseases and disorders.
Eligibility Criteria :
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.