How to safely and efficiently fall trees taking into account environmental requirements. Participants must show proof of competency in FWPCOT2239 Trim and cut, or equivalent by providing a certified copy of their previous training transcript completed in the last three years.
- fall trees safely and effectively following WHS and environmental guidelines and requirements
- identify and follow OHS requirements for tree falling operations
- identify and follow environmental requirements for tree falling operations
- maintain and operate chainsaw safely and efficiently
- assess trees and surroundings and plan for falling
- fall tree
This course is mapped to the national unit of competency FWPCOT2236 – Fall trees manually – (basic).
To see current events and dates, refer to our AgCalendar.
Units Of Study:
- Revise WHS, operational and maintenance requirements for general chainsaw use
- WHS and environmental requirements for tree falling
- Identify operational hazards and control measures
- Identify tree falling direction and site preparation
- Plan and effect cutting and fall basic tree
- Fall a range of trees to a site plan
- Chainsaw servicing and sharpening as required
- Tree hang ups and control measures discussed and implemented