How to safely operate and maintain a chainsaw for removing a fallen tree using a range of cutting techniques.
At completion of this course participants will be able to:
- identify and follow WHS requirements for chainsaw operations
- maintain a chainsaw
- operate a chainsaw safely and efficiently in a range of situations
- felled trees are cross-cut to industry standards
- identify cross cutting requirements
- prepare and maintain equipment
- assess tree and plan cutting
- trim and cross cut tree safely and efficiently
For more information please call Kim Griffiths on 02 4936 8881 or visit the website here.
To see current events and dates, refer to our AgCalendar.
Units Of Study:
- WHS requirements
- identify operational hazards and control measures
- chainsaw design, components, servicing and chain sharpening
- start up and shut down procedures
- basic cross cutting techniques
- basic cross cutting techniques continued
- controlling kickback
- servicing and sharpening as required
- advanced cross cutting techniques
- field exercises eg. cutting timber in binds, oversize logs, boring, ripping, limbing and trimming
- trim and cross-cut felled trees to site plan requirements