How to safely operate and maintain a chainsaw for removing a fallen tree using a range of cutting techniques.
- identify and follow WHS requirements for chainsaw operations
- maintain a chainsaw
- operate a chainsaw safely and efficiently in a range of situations
- felled trees are cross-cut to industry standards
- identify cross cutting requirements
- prepare and maintain equipment
- assess tree and plan cutting
- trim and cross cut tree safely and efficiently
This course is mapped to the following national units of competency:
- FWPCOT2239 – Trim and cut felled trees
- FWPCOT2237 – Maintain chainsaws.