Control pests in cotton. From aphids to whiteflies, and Helicoverpa to spider mites and mirids, Tocal’s Cotton Pest Management training will help you get on top of the problem.
The course aims to develop knowledge and skills in:
- Cotton physiology 101 – really understand a cotton crop
- The insects and beneficials that affect the cotton industry
- Insect sampling and plant monitoring
- Pest control decisions and options
- What influences the success of pest management in high yielding cotton crop
- Emergency disease and plant pest response pest control techniques
Units Of Study:
This course is aligned to the following national units of competency:
- AHCPMG413 Define the pest problem
- AHCPMG306 Determine pest control techniques
- AHCBIO302 Identify and report unusual disease or plant pest signs
Eligibility Criteria :
You must meet the eligibility requirements of the NSW funded training program applied to secure your subsidised training.