The Diploma of Agronomy is an industry focussed diploma program featuring a range of course delivery options from full time face to face through to almost entirely online. The flexible delivery mode makes this course ideal for people already employed in the industry who wish to undertake further study. The course has a strong emphasis on all facets of crop production.
The course can be completed as a stand-alone qualification or in conjunction with the Advanced Diploma of Agriculture course.
Units Of Study:
A total of 10 units of competency are required to achieve the Diploma of Agronomy and cover topic areas including:
- Fertilizers and plant nutrition
- Managing soils
- Managing weeds, pests and diseases in crops
- Selecting and using application technology
- Precision agriculture
Eligibility Criteria :
This course is open to people who meet one of the following minimum criteria:
- Completion of a Certificate IV in Agriculture or above.
- Mature age entry (at least 22 years of age) and demonstrated industry experience and aptitude for the course.