The Diploma of Horticulture reflects the roles of those who manage amenity horticultural enterprises where a range of skills and knowledge across the breadth of the industry is required or personnel working in horticulture at a level requiring higher technical skills.
Career opportunities for graduates may include Horticulture Manager and Irrigation Master Technician.
To see current events and dates, refer to our AgCalendar.
Units Of Study:
Units may include:
- Manage staff
- Manage a controlled growing environment
- Market products and services
- Develop and review a business plan
- Monitor and manage soils for production projects
- Diagnose plant health problems
- Collect and manage data
- Collect and classify plants
- Design irrigation, drainage and water treatment systems
- Develop a plan for a hydroponic system
- Develop a horticultural production plan.
Eligibility Criteria :
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
A message for young people under 17 years of age: if you are under 17 years and wish to enrol you will need to have completed Year 10, or have special permission from school and TAFE to do so.