This workshop can be delivered at introductory or advanced levels and is an excellent follow-on from the Nuts and Bolts of Grazing Strategies workshop, or from PROGRAZE. Feed budgets are important for enabling day to day management of stock movements and feeding; and longer term planning for tactical management and fodder purchasing in the months ahead. Participants discuss practical use of their feed budgets for making management decisions. The material presented under On-Farm Options for Feed Budgeting and Tactical Management is delivered in this workshop. The workshop can be condensed to a day if participants learn to use the EverGraze Feedbase Planning and Budgeting Tools using the examples and YouTube tutorials presented under On-Farm Options.
- Feed budgeting as a tool for making tactical decisions for livestock and pastures.
- Paddock walk – monitoring pasture availability and quality.
- Using the EverGraze Feedbase Planning and Budgeting Tools:
- manage pastures over the critical summer and winter periods
- compare simple short-term strategies for specific paddocks or mobs of sheep of cattle
- develop supplementary feeding strategies for sheep or cattle
- compare the use of Gibberellic acid or Nitrogen with feeding hay or grain at pasture
To see current events and dates, refer to our AgCalendar.Log in or Register to save this content for later.Visit WebsiteSave For Later