The EverGraze partners MLA, AWI and Agriculture Victoria each deliver training and events.
This Exchange provides the principles, with evidence from research, for optimising pasture growth, utilisation, environmental management and livestock performance from pastures. Tools and processes are provided to guide planning and monitoring and apply the principles to achieve the best outcomes for the given farm system.
This workshop can be delivered at introductory or advanced levels. The workshop begins with the key principles of grazing management. Participants are challenged to think about both livestock and pasture management objectives, and the impact of their decisions on productivity, natural resource management and existing farm management. A seasonal management plan is developed and steps for implementing the plan are discussed. The material presented in the EverGraze Exchange – Nuts and Bolts of Grazing Strategies is delivered in this workshop.
- The principles of grazing management and balancing the needs of pastures and livestock.
- Management of different pasture types and land classes.
- Manipulating composition with grazing.
- The benefits of grazing strategies (native and introduced pastures) – outcomes from relevant grazing management experiments (eg. Broadford Grazing Experiment, Holbrook, Orange, Chiltern EverGraze Proof Sites).
- Management of specific species relevant to the region (native pastures, lucerne, phalaris etc)
- Completion of a seasonal management plan.
- Both days include paddock walks for practical application of the theory discussed.
To see current events and dates, refer to our AgCalendar.Add to favoritesVisit WebsiteSave For Later